Thread poster: Petra Dwars
Petra Dwars
Petra Dwars  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:02
French to German
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

It seems quite difficult to come to Birmingham tomorrow, the airport will be closed at least untill 7 a.m. - my flight from Francfort is scheduled to land at 8.45 am... I hope I'll be able to join you... and everybody else will manage it, too.

Hope to see you tomorrow,
Petra

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-07-24 19:34 GMT]

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
English to French
+ ...
PLease submit a support request if you can't make it to Birmingham Apr 15, 2010

Dear all,

As you can imagine, we have been following the recent events and the air traffic news anxisouly and I hope that you are not stuck in an airport and that you'll make it to Birmingham.

If however, you will not be able to make it to the conference because of the air traffic disturbances, please submit a support request ( http://www.proz.com/support ), explaining that you are s
... See more
Dear all,

As you can imagine, we have been following the recent events and the air traffic news anxisouly and I hope that you are not stuck in an airport and that you'll make it to Birmingham.

If however, you will not be able to make it to the conference because of the air traffic disturbances, please submit a support request ( http://www.proz.com/support ), explaining that you are stuck and have to cancel, and providing us with your original flight number.

Many thanks in advance.

Good luck to those travelling - hoping everybody will be okay.

Kind regards,
Anne
Collapse

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.
Australia
Local time: 22:02
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
... Apr 15, 2010

Petra Dwars wrote:

It seems quite difficult to come to Birmingham tomorrow, the airport will be closed at least untill 7 a.m. - my flight from Francfort is scheduled to land at 8.45 am... I hope I'll be able to join you... and everybody else will manage it, too.

Hope to see you tomorrow,
Petra

Dear Petra,

It seems the situation is even worse now:

"Last updated: 20:45, 15 April 2010

Flights are cancelled at all BAA airports until at least 13:00 on Friday 16 April. This is due to volcanic ash spreading across the UK from Iceland which has caused the closure of British airspace by the UK air traffic control service (NATS)."

Good luck to anyone trying to get here,

Nicole

[Edited at 2010-04-16 07:43 GMT]

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
English to French
+ ...
Conference postponed Apr 16, 2010

Dear all,

Due to the air traffic closing over Europe after the volcanic eruption in Iceland, the conference has been postponed. The event will not be taking place this weekend. Further details and information will be published as they become available.

We have been calling all of you today to explain the situation but we could not reach some of you. If you did not speak to Hacene or me on the phone today, please check your voicemails/SMS/e-mails.

Thank you
... See more
Dear all,

Due to the air traffic closing over Europe after the volcanic eruption in Iceland, the conference has been postponed. The event will not be taking place this weekend. Further details and information will be published as they become available.

We have been calling all of you today to explain the situation but we could not reach some of you. If you did not speak to Hacene or me on the phone today, please check your voicemails/SMS/e-mails.

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not hesitate if there's anything we can do.

Kind regards,
Anne
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Birmingham conference 2010: Air traffic problem

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »