Preston Decker
Preston Decker  Identity Verified
Egyesült Államok
Local time: 07:00
kínai - angol
RE Jun 8, 2016

jyuan_us wrote:

Preston Decker wrote:

and I wonder whether clauses like these are actually enforceable and/or if courts would construe them as being appropriate only for full-time employees.

Wouldn't want to be the guinea pig for a lawsuit over this, but it would be fascinating to know whether or not these are valid clauses in a client/contractor contract.

否则在同一个单位上班的人就不能交男女朋友了,这是不可想象的。

Sorry for not explaining better. What I meant is that I'm pretty sure translation agencies also make their PMs sign agreements not to contact independent contractors if the PM switches positions(not agreements to not contact co-workers; as you said, that would be ridiculous). It makes sense to me that a company would have the right to restrict its employees' social interactions, I'm just curious if the same holds true for independent contractors.

[Edited at 2016-06-08 02:13 GMT]

Rita Pang
Rita Pang  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 07:00
Tag (2011 óta)
kínai - angol
+ ...

A fórum moderátora
Thank you Jun 10, 2016

lbone wrote:

如果某一天,这个人离职了——主动辞职或因故被请走了——那你和这个一直合作很愉快的“伙伴”、“朋友”这时会是什么关系?这个问题。。。就好像《楚门的世界》或《异次元骇客》里的边缘区域,一片灰色与模糊,没有答案,甚至没什么人提起。。。仅仅思考这个问题,似乎就给人带来一种犯罪的不适感。

以前我没怎么在意过这个问题,不过因为Adriana,我现在已经很难说服自己不去想这个问题了。

Adriana就是我说的一个这样的PM。

Adriana在2015年“离开公司”,不久就去世了,至今已经快一年了。除了家人发的讣告,翻译行业中却没有见到任何人提到她、纪念她,为她送别。ProZ上没有,她工作了将近20年的公司网站上没有,其他地方似乎也没有。

这种前后的差异,让我感觉比较闷塞,但又不知道该说什么。这似乎是公司/职场人际规避原则带来的自然结果,这种结果看起来很不对劲,但究竟是哪儿不对,如何处理、应对才算对的呢?

希望能听听各位同事的想法。

[Edited at 2016-06-02 19:06 GMT]

Ibone/Ted 你好,

非常谢谢你和大家分享这些想法,尤其有关Adriana 的故事。作为版主,一看到Adriana的全名时,我的第一反应就是“啊,个人资料disclosure”,但是读毕全文后,我想真心诚意的谢谢你和我们分享Marton女士的故事。我个人觉得这是一位优雅、风趣而且温和的女士。现今时代科技先进,虽然人与人的距离拉近,但很多时候其实不然。有多少PM会愿意和你分享自己对生活的想法呢?有多少PM会和你说,啊,我也喜欢音乐,而且今天是Wagner的冥寿呢?应该不多吧。

好的PM 就应如 Adriana,除了办公以外,会愿意投放精力去向合作者表达友善和关怀,而且后面不含其他想法。当然,有些人可能会阴谋论的觉得,这只是手段而已,好让supplier以后放松警惕,愿意cut you more slack。

我的确遇过几位PM很乐意谈谈天气、风景人情之类,但以此作为第一次的solicitation email 还真未遇到过。曾经有一位我感觉能和她非常谈得来的PM, 现在已经不再合作,因为她们公司经常延迟payment, 毕竟每次发电邮都是问什么时候收款不会对建立友谊有帮助

A témához tartozó oldalak:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

如何厘清职业规避与个人交往的关系/界线?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »