MemoQ support - still good (or alive)?
Thread poster: jokerman
Alex Reckless
Alex Reckless
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:20
German to English
Finally received feedback Jul 4

So Viktor from memoq finally got back to me.

"Thank you for your message.

Once the subscription has expired, the license itself expires as well. You won’t have access to the full functionality of the software. It will revert to 4FREE edition."

So the only real option for me is a perpetual license, as I'm not paying €435 a year (every year) for software that I don't really like all that much.

Hopefully it won't take another 10 mails and two
... See more

Once the subscription has expired, the license itself expires as well. You won’t have access to the full functionality of the software. It will revert to 4FREE edition."

So the only real option for me is a perpetual license, as I'm not paying €435 a year (every year) for software that I don't really like all that much.

Hopefully it won't take another 10 mails and two weeks of waiting to finally receive a quote for a perpetual license.

I must say, I find this company amateurish and their pricing policy about as transparent as a deep mud bath!!
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Not that difficult Jul 4

Alex Reckless wrote:

Hopefully it won't take another 10 mails and two weeks of waiting to finally receive a quote for a perpetual license.

I must say, I find this company amateurish and their pricing policy about as transparent as a deep mud bath!!

So Viktor explained you the same as I had just explained you, i.e. that you need a perpetual licence with an optional SMA (which is a lot less costly than a similar Trados SMA, by the way), unless you can use the free web UI memoQweb.

You don't need them to send you a manual quote for the licence by email. I gave you the link to do it yourself online. Did you try that?

I also gave you the link to the detailed subscription and licence information, which is very clear when you read it.

I think your bad mood is related to the fact that the choice was imposed on you, which is never nice, but it isn't memoQ's fault.

Alex Reckless
Alex Reckless
United Kingdom
German to English
Update Jul 4

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Alex Reckless wrote:

So Viktor explained you the same as I had just explained you, i.e. that you need a perpetual licence with an optional SMA (which is a lot less costly than a similar Trados SMA, by the way), unless you can use the free web UI memoQweb.

You don't need them to send you a manual quote for the licence by email. I gave you the link to do it yourself online. Did you try that?

I also gave you the link to the detailed subscription and licence information, which is very clear when you read it.

I think your bad mood is related to the fact that the choice was imposed on you, which is never nice, but it isn't memoQ's fault.

Thanks for your response.

1. I'm not in a bad mood. I'm just frustrated that this company cannot reply to any of my mails in under 2 weeks, especially when I am trying to give them hundreds of euros. If you think that is totally normal, we obviously have different ideas about how to run a business.

2. There is no price or link anywhere on the memoq website to buy a perpetual license. It just says, send a mail to this address.... which I did almost two weeks ago. Still waiting for a reply....

3. I also used the link provided above to contact the company, as several posters here suggested that is the fastest way to get an answer. I'm still waiting for a reply....

I understand that some people are totally enamoured with this company and product, which is fine. But please don't suggest that I am in some way being unreasonable. Also, this company's website doesn't even have an SSL certificate! That's completely amateurish in my book.

This will be my last post, so I wish you all well!

[Edited at 2024-07-04 11:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-07-04 11:54 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Sales Jul 4

Alex Reckless wrote:

1. I'm not in a bad mood. I'm just frustrated that this company cannot reply to any of my mails in under 2 weeks, especially when I am trying to give them hundreds of euros. If you think that is totally normal, we obviously have different ideas about how to run a business.

I did not say that I thought this is perfectly normal. Please do not misquote me. I did say that I was aware that their sales department can be lethargic. In fact, I have told contacts at the company more than once that it's not good enough. There is also no need to be so aggressive when we are only trying to help you. Please calm down. Your problems are not our fault.

Alex Reckless wrote:

2. There is no price or link anywhere on the memoq website to buy a perpetual license. It just says, send a mail to this address.... which I did almost two weeks ago. Still waiting for a reply....

I did give you the link to their web shop, but on creating a new test account, I can see that in there, there is no link to buy a perpetual licence, which is not very good. But at no point did you confirm that you had tried that link and could not buy the licence in there. You act as if you don't read what we are telling you. We are not psychics.

Alex Reckless wrote:
3. I also used the link provided above to contact the company, as several posters here suggested that is the fastest way to get an answer. I'm still waiting for a reply....

If they don't reply, I would suggest creating a new ticket as a technical support ticket, as they do reply. Maybe they can wake up the sales staff.

Alex Reckless wrote:
I understand that some people are totally enamoured with this company and product, which is fine. But please don't suggest that I am in some way being unreasonable.

There is no need to be sarcastic when we are only trying to help you.

Alex Reckless wrote:
Also, this company's website doesn't even have an SSL certificate! That's completely amateurish in my book.

This looks very much like an SSL certificate to me.

Alex Reckless wrote:

Asking for help, getting help from people and then disappearing in a rage is not very nice behaviour in my book. I think you could benefit from an anger management course.

If you had not been so unpleasant, I would have contacted someone at the company directly by email to help, but I really can't be bothered now. Sort it out yourself.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Are you sure that the memoQ website doesn't have an SSL certificate? Jul 4

Alex Reckless wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Alex Reckless wrote:

Thanks for your response.

I understand that some people are totally enamoured with this company and product, which is fine. But please don't suggest that I am in some way being unreasonable. Also, this company's website doesn't even have an SSL certificate! That's completely amateurish in my book.

[Edited at 2024-07-04 11:54 GMT]

Are you sure that it doesn't have an SSL certificate? https://www.memoq.com/ seems secure to me.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ support - still good (or alive)?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »