Thread poster: Edwin Miles
Edwin Miles
Edwin Miles
Germany
Local time: 11:59
Member (2008)
German to English
May 8

Okay, I've just downloaded the Pastey app but I'm now confronted by the less-than-useful advice that "You can’t open the application “Pastey” because this application is not supported on this Mac."

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 11.58.57

This is on a 2020 iMac running the latest OS, 14.4.1 Sonoma (which killed Wordfast on Mac, btw...but that's another story).

I've opened a support ticket, but thought I'd check here first.

Anyone else encountering this? Is this an Intel thing? Any suggestions to get around it?

Thanks in advance
Ed

Akhikpemelo Solace

Akhikpemelo Solace
Akhikpemelo Solace
Nigeria
English
+ ...
Pastely app. May 8

It only works well with androids and Windows devices.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Strange May 8

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.06.43
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.07.01

BTW: I'm curious when support for Claude will be available in CafeTran Espresso ...

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Claude May 8

Speaking of support for Claude: looks like Pastey doesn't support Claude either ...

Edwin Miles
Edwin Miles
Germany
Local time: 11:59
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
You're right, it does. Sometimes I miss the most obvious things... May 8

I downloaded the wrong version. On the download page, I saw the Windows version in the middle, Mac on the right. What I didn't see was the other Mac version on the left... I do, however -- and despite my own idiocy -- feel they could design that page a little better to group the two Mac versions together...

Hans Lenting wrote:

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.06.43
Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 13.07.01

BTW: I'm curious when support for Claude will be available in CafeTran Espresso ...

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Same architecture May 9

Edwin Miles wrote:

This is on a 2020 iMac running the latest OS, 14.4.1 Sonoma (which killed Wordfast on Mac, btw...but that's another story).

Actually, it is quite related: wfp and Pastey have a different Java architecture.

BTW: Pastey has the same architecture as CafeTran. It runs on Intel too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pastey as CAT tool, not working on Mac

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »