Which CAT tools for .yml files? Or create new file type in Trados?
Thread poster: Onur Köksüyer
Onur Köksüyer
Onur Köksüyer
Türkiye
Local time: 08:27
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 6, 2016

Hello,

I will be working on some .yml files with codes. I don't want to use Notepad+ for this translation, so I'm looking for an alternative. So far I've found Crowdin and Websource. I also know that MemoQ supports that file, but I don't have a Memoq licence yet.

I also saw somewhere that it is possible to use .yml files in Trados (which I have access to), but a new file type should be added?

I'll most likely be working on the files alone, maybe have some o
... See more
Hello,

I will be working on some .yml files with codes. I don't want to use Notepad+ for this translation, so I'm looking for an alternative. So far I've found Crowdin and Websource. I also know that MemoQ supports that file, but I don't have a Memoq licence yet.

I also saw somewhere that it is possible to use .yml files in Trados (which I have access to), but a new file type should be added?

I'll most likely be working on the files alone, maybe have some others helping me out. Crowdin has a very high price, Memsource is a bit more affordable (with a price tag of 20 Euros monthly for freelancers), but I'd like to hear your suggestions for .yml files.

Also, the codes are followed with ":" but sometimes the text has a colon as well. Is there a certain place in Trados where I can arrange that to happen?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which CAT tools for .yml files? Or create new file type in Trados?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »