Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:31
English to German
+ ...
Jan 4, 2003

Hi there,

I\'d like to know if anybody is interested in a Powwow in Stuttgart on May 17th.

So far I am trying to estimate how many people would be interested and - if any - if the date and place are okay for you.

I\'d appreciate any feedback. I\'ve already entered the Powwow into the Powwow board, so if you are interested, please add yourself to the list.

Regards,

Sonja ...
See more
Hi there,

I\'d like to know if anybody is interested in a Powwow in Stuttgart on May 17th.

So far I am trying to estimate how many people would be interested and - if any - if the date and place are okay for you.

I\'d appreciate any feedback. I\'ve already entered the Powwow into the Powwow board, so if you are interested, please add yourself to the list.

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Probably a bit too close to the Berlin powwow Jan 4, 2003

Hi Sonja,

Great idea - but did you notice that the Berlin powwow is likely to be held just two weeks before that?

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I did Jan 4, 2003

However, I do think there might still be someone who cannot travel that far to attend a Powwow.

Thanks for you note.

Regards,

Sonja

Laura Vinti
Laura Vinti  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:31
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes, I'd like to come Jan 4, 2003

Hi Sonja,

It sounds good and I think I\'d like to come - as you pointed out, Berlin is a little bit too far...

Laura

Giovanna Graziani
Giovanna Graziani  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
perfect! Jan 4, 2003

Hi Sonia!

I was just planning a visit to some friends in the area this year; a powwow would be a nice occasion to meet the final decision. Yes, I\'m definitely interested (but your proposal isn\'t shown yet in the Powwow Board).

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Giovanna Jan 4, 2003

I just had a look at the Powwow board and it seems that it is still pending.

Since I\'ve never organized a Powwow before, I don\'t know what that exactly means. I guess, Proz has to confirm this Powwow first before anyone can join it.

I\'ll post a message in here as soon as it has been confirmed.

Regards,

Sonja

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check with other organisers Jan 5, 2003

Quote:

Since I\'ve never organized a Powwow before, I don\'t know what that exactly means. I guess, Proz has to confirm this Powwow first before anyone can join it.

Can\'t help you directly with this issue, but I\'m sure Rolf Klischewski, Patricia Gifford, Steffen Walter or Rod Darby will be able to give you details.

I\'ll try to make it to Stuttgart, but at this point I have no clue as to my... See more
Quote:

Can\'t help you directly with this issue, but I\'m sure Rolf Klischewski, Patricia Gifford, Steffen Walter or Rod Darby will be able to give you details.

I\'ll try to make it to Stuttgart, but at this point I have no clue as to my agenda in May... ▲ Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Powwow pending status Jan 6, 2003

Hi Sonja,

without having a real clue of the subtle technicalities behind the powwow system, I can tell you for sure that, before \"going live\", a powwow just entered by an organiser usually remains in \"pending\" status for the first three or four days after entry.

Steffen

P.S. It would be nice if Henry or other site staff explained in detail what the \"pending\" status is all about.

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Powwow approved! Jan 6, 2003

Hi there,

I just received an email that Proz has approved the Powwow.

If you want to join, please go to

http://www.proz.com/powwow/373

to add yourself to the list.

Do not forget to add any comments regarding date and place (if you have any suggestions, comments on it).

Regards,

Sonja
... See more
Hi there,

I just received an email that Proz has approved the Powwow.

If you want to join, please go to

http://www.proz.com/powwow/373

to add yourself to the list.

Do not forget to add any comments regarding date and place (if you have any suggestions, comments on it).

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Powwow in Stuttgart on May 17th

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »