Hacene
Hacene  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:44
English to French
+ ...
Nov 24, 2008

Dear All,

A great thank you for this enlightening conference.

This events was a must, and I would like to thanks all the speakers.

As for the people who attended. Wow. An impressive collection of professionals warm hearted and friendly.

A real pleasure to meet you all.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2010-06-15 19:14 GMT]

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
I particularly enjoyed... Nov 24, 2008

the Nepalese mutton and the curry goat...

G

Hacene
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed Nov 24, 2008

Absolutely, a definite highlight

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
Quite Nov 26, 2008

Well, one or two of us are in no position to comment on the quality of Saturday's lunch, eh?
Grant & Cutler's lack of engineering dictionaries really is enough to drive a man to drink

Ellen Singer
Ellen Singer  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Personal favourite Nov 26, 2008

My personal favourite for the conference is a bit of a problem, because I may be biASSed..... Either the station ducks or the Saturday evening meeting with Frank of Frank's Facts and his personal assistant, who is also the sub-editor of a well-known newspaper.

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2004)
German to Italian
+ ...
Up and downs Nov 26, 2008

Hi all,

I personally enjoyed, as always, the networking chances, especially the unofficial and improvised ones I think some of us will be banned from Nepalese restaurants for a long time (well, considering the bill, probably not...)

As far as the conference is concerned, I would have preferred a little more insight in some technical topics, s
... See more
Hi all,

I personally enjoyed, as always, the networking chances, especially the unofficial and improvised ones I think some of us will be banned from Nepalese restaurants for a long time (well, considering the bill, probably not...)

As far as the conference is concerned, I would have preferred a little more insight in some technical topics, such as the CMS debate - although Nick was very available to answer questions and discuss the topic further privately.

Organizing such an event is anyway a major effort. I congratulate and thank Michael Benis for this, and look forward for the next chance to meet all of you.

Fabio
Collapse

United Kingdom
English to Italian
Ah! Nov 26, 2008

Ellen Singer wrote:

the Saturday evening meeting with Frank of Frank's Facts and his personal assistant, who is also the sub-editor of a well-known newspaper.

I think you found our actor friend quite fascinating... I couldn't get a word edgeways! And what about our sub-editor's tattoo?

Hacene
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One for the road Nov 26, 2008

Hi Charlie,
Yes Charlie, this weekend I had to satisfy myself with a few liquid meals, but I survived the "English lunch".
Anyway, such a terrible news would drive anyone round the bend!!!

Hi Ellen,
Indeed fascinating characters these 2 but I think 5 translators on the rampage did scare them off a bit, lol.
To keep you updated, I ordered the barbed wire

Hi Fabio,
I tried to e
... See more
Hi Charlie,
Yes Charlie, this weekend I had to satisfy myself with a few liquid meals, but I survived the "English lunch".
Anyway, such a terrible news would drive anyone round the bend!!!

Hi Ellen,
Indeed fascinating characters these 2 but I think 5 translators on the rampage did scare them off a bit, lol.
To keep you updated, I ordered the barbed wire

Hi Fabio,
I tried to eat there again on Sunday, but it was closed. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the previous night, lol

To all,
If you are around me hometown, please give me a shout and we'll go for a bite.

OO & XX
Collapse

United Kingdom
English to Italian
... Nov 26, 2008

Hacene wrote:

If you are around me hometown, please give me a shout and we'll go for a bite.

OO & XX

you bet!

Ellen Singer
Ellen Singer  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Barbed wire.... Nov 26, 2008

Hi Hacene,

Great! When will you be coming to the Netherlands to bring it here!

BTW we are talking about a South African alcoholic drink

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

London conference 2008 - A great Conference

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »